Saturday, January 16, 2010

1994 Schwinn High Sierra SS - Stolen!

My dad gave me this bike for Christmas years back. It used to take me to my friend's and back, but since undergraduate days it's been my commuter. I took this bike on the Bonneville Shoreline trail Ogden section several times, the ULCER epic century once, and a fifty-miler or two. It's also been my commuter.
I'm guessing that this bike and I did about 8000 miles together, including a few winters commuting.
She was too big for me, and she was wearing out all over, but I'm still sad I won't be seeing her again.
Update 6/30/2010 - The police found the bike, and I got 'er back. Sadly, it's beat up and unrideable. Now I'll just be salvaging parts. It's been good ridin', though!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you're still active here. Sorry to hear about your bike. What do you think of this SS ... https://www.viephotos.com/Sports/Bikes/1994-Schwinn-High-Sierra-SS/ ?

    ReplyDelete